Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3139404142 LastLast

Thread: 2010 Camaro 20" wheels

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LBV View Post
    Gotta agree that rolling the rear fenders is not a preferred route f I was to do this but has anyone not thought about milling off a few mm at a CNC milling shop from the hub face of the rims? I can't see that harming the structural integrity of the rim.

I dont think there is anything wrong with rolling the fenders when done correctly. Had mine rolled when I was running my Camaro wheels. Im lowered on h&r springs and only rolled from the 10 oclock to 2 oclock position. Didnt hafta flatten the inner lip either. Minimal rolling did the job for me.

But, of course, you do what you feel most comfortable doing. Seems like milling would be too expensive.

Speed costs money. How fast do you wanna go?

Daniel
    My Beaters:

09 White-Hot G8 GT(FOR SALE)
    2011 Ecoboost F150
    2011 Star Stryker

Post Thanks / Like

Very true too^^. I had my previous car rolled with the proper tool but I always found the lip being rolled up like that was an easier place for water and crud to stay trapped in thereby enabling rust. I ended up spraying some Rust Check up there every year regardless.

Although you do mention a tight roll is not required.

In the end, just mentioning that milling the hub face of the rims is an option for those that may want to research it further.
    G8 GXP Manual w/ sunroof
    Borla catback, H&R springs, Sprintbooster (and I love it!)

Post Thanks / Like

I just picked up a set of OEM Camaro wheels for $400. Just waiting to get some shoes for them. Sounds like I don't have anything to worry about as far as rubbing since I am stock height. I saw these on Crazy Pauls site click here
    Anyone know if those will work instead of the chevy caps?
    1998 Camaro Z28 ~ 2004 Silverado ~ 2008 G8 GT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by goldz28 View Post
    I just picked up a set of OEM Camaro wheels for $400. Just waiting to get some shoes for them. Sounds like I don't have anything to worry about as far as rubbing since I am stock height. I saw these on Crazy Pauls site click here
    Damn, you stole those wheels........Looks like those are meant for the factory 19s. To take the place of the Pontiac centerpiece. Looks like it's adhesive backed. Only thing I can tell you is to look for centercaps off of a Solstice or a G6. Those press right into the Camaro wheels. Which finish did you get? I may have a set coming up for sale if I sell my Camaro 20s to a Chevy guy. Keep an eye out.

Daniel
    My Beaters:

2011 Ecoboost F150
    2011 Star Stryker

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone running 275s up front on 20x9s? Now that I have a spare set of rims, I'm thinking of doing a winter setup of 20x8s and a summer setup of 20x9s. I'd rather keep the tire sizes the same so I can rotate this time.

I'm lowered but have the fenders rolled. Would it just be a case of making sure the fenders are properly rolled or would it just not work?

I'm out of town but I'm going to flop my current setup to see if it works up front when I get home. Just curious if someone has already done this.
    09 G8 GT: LR-Sport/Premium/Roof
    Rotofab CAI, SC Cortex, x-pipe, Solo Axle-back
    GXP Struts/Shocks, H&R Springs, CTS-V Calipers all around. BMR Sways waiting for install
    LED Tails-Smoked Chrome, 6k HIDs, Clear Corners, Sharkfin Antenna.
    Camaro 20s 245/275
    TSW Nurburgrings 20s 255/285

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Call-Me-D View Post
    Damn, you stole those wheels........Looks like those are meant for the factory 19s. To take the place of the Pontiac centerpiece. Looks like it's adhesive backed. Only thing I can tell you is to look for centercaps off of a Solstice or a G6. Those press right into the Camaro wheels. Which finish did you get? I may have a set coming up for sale if I sell my Camaro 20s to a Chevy guy. Keep an eye out.
    I wanted to try and get holden center caps

Formerly HSV-GTS-300 Crazy Paul's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I saw these on Crazy Pauls site click here
    The entire HSV centre cap will not replace the push-in Chevy cap because they're both designed to locate in different bore diameters.

Camaro centre cap pushes into a 47mm approx centre hole in the wheel.

HSV centre cap pushes into a 56mm approx centre hole in the wheel.

You can use a hairdrier to warm up the HSV push-in caps and gently pry the logo disc away from the grey backing of the insert piece.

Then flatten out the outer surface of the Chevy logo and glue the HSV logo disc over the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Call-Me-D View Post
    Looks like those are meant for the factory 19s. To take the place of the Pontiac centerpiece. Looks like it's adhesive backed.
    No the HSV insert type wheelcap does not have any use on a factory 19" which uses a 5 claw (non-insert) cap which goes over 5 locating lugs.
    The HSV wheel caps are not adhesive backed......the logo disc from them has been physically removed and used in other applications.

A 5 claw cap (for stock 19's) does not insert into the wheel.

It locates over those bars you see between the lug holes.

I wanted to try and get holden center caps
    Not Holden, but HSV logo discs from HSV push-in centrecaps have been done before.
    You throw away the grey push-in part of the HSV caps & re-use the Chev push-in part with HSV logo glued to it.

Last edited by Crazy Paul; 03-18-2012 at 12:40 PM.
    Crazy Paul
    Your Holden Parts Connection in Australia!

Post Thanks / Like

Thnks for correction. From the photo, to me, it looked adhesive backed. Like what would go onto the center of,say, the steering wheel. Shouldve been a Lil more clear. Mt bad.

Daniel
    My Beaters:

2011 Ecoboost F150
    2011 Star Stryker

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks CP

Post Thanks / Like

Ok I just skimmed through this entire thread. Can you run 275/35 on the rear with stock suspension and no rolling?

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?2y5l5h
    Sent from my amazing iPhone4 using Tapatalk

09 G8 GT liquid red, Rotofab intake, custom ground cam, dod delete, valve job, ported & polished , Magnacharger tvs 1900, kooks headers, magnaflow competition cat back, 5000k HID'S and 3k fogs, front Brembo brake kit, Vector motorsports dyno tune, billet grill, MaverickMan carbon fiber hood and spoiler, Peter G painted lowers, Camaro 20" rims, 3M clear bra, Holden Mats, led interior lights. Weathertech floor mats.

546 rwhp 524 torque