Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: 5.0 Mustang

Post Thanks / Like

Default 5.0 Mustang

My friend has a 1995 5.0 mustang. It has longtubes with flows and dumps. cold air intake, 3.73 gears and a bunch of aftermarket supension parts. I have driven it before and its pretty quick, but the G8 just pulls hard on it all over the place. We probably only got up to about 70mph cause of traffic but it made me feel good. I was really suprised I even got him from a dig. He is looking for a good deal on heads cam intake, I told him to bring all he can find.
    2009 G8 GT MGM sport, premium, 20% tint, 13.077 at 108.61mph Vararam, solo high flow cats, magnaflows and VMS tune. 344rwhp 342ft-lbs.
    1991 Wrangler, sprung over, detroits front and back, 4.56's and 35inch krawlers = weekend fun

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, depending on how well he launches, I'd call that a mid to high 14 second car. Ford went way stupid with the Mustang in the early-mid 90s. The sn-95 got heavier and less horsepower than the 5.0 in the fox bodies. Then they went to that 4.6 crap which took them nearly a DECADE to even get respectable in stock form!!! I'm a mustang-to-G8 convert so I guess there's a little bad blood there... Anyway, If he gets decent H-C-I on that you might be biting off more than you can chew. There's probably a million miles on that motor though... Good Luck!
    -Kris-

2013 Boss 302 GHIG #1184

2011 Grabber Blue Mustang 5.0 (gone... meh...)

2008 PBM G8 GT #769 <<< SOLD (and missed)
    Best 1/4: 12.79 @ 109.76

Post Thanks / Like

Even though I still own my stang, I know it takes a lot of work to get them moving. If the guy had the dreaded AOD tranny w/o an aftermarket valvebody or shift kit, it is a slow slush box. I hope to soon add a turbo kit to my stang and then it will be time to put the hammer down, but my G8 mods come first.

Post Thanks / Like

I went to the track with my friend, his fastest pass was 14.7, its got 100k on it now and needs a pan gasket, so i think the motor is coming out this winter and going to get upgraded. Its a 5spd car too.
    2009 G8 GT MGM sport, premium, 20% tint, 13.077 at 108.61mph Vararam, solo high flow cats, magnaflows and VMS tune. 344rwhp 342ft-lbs.
    1991 Wrangler, sprung over, detroits front and back, 4.56's and 35inch krawlers = weekend fun

Post Thanks / Like

All the mustangs I know are in the pasture roaming around hoping to make another day before the glue factory. Just kidding some are pretty quick just like anything else always one better lurking around..

Post Thanks / Like

Nice kill.

01 Trans Am, Texas Speed & Perfomance 402 LS2
    Texas Speed & Performance/PRC/Ram/Pacesetter
    SLP/BMR/UMI/Strano/Koni/Afco/Hypercoil.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice job, another mustang to g8 convert here. Couldn't be happier